• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chicken_hawk
    VET
    • May 2018

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
    Hawk you might wanna rethink this one:

5. If you're gonna grunt it better be heavy (there is this cute Asian girl who grunts orgasmicly on the last 5 reps of every set )

Man you don't want a Planet Fitness atmosphere haha! I DO get your point, but heavy is relative. You might have an intermediate level, determined guy who grunts doing 40lb db curls, where you and I might need 70's to do the same. We all started somewhere.

You raise a great point DH, and I actually went round and round over my selfie rule. As with grunting, I expect it, but it's the abuser that annoys everyone. The guy who grunts on every set of kickbacks, or the guy who films himself constantly and clogs up machines. But, what I decided was just to make a vague rule to obey at your own discretion.

I figured the person grunting for attention would realize that we are watching (at least in their mind they would think that) and like the selfie rule their own conscience would police them if they liked the gym. As with the selfies, I am not against them just the abuse so simply saying something in a humorous way will minimize the issue.

Hawk

Comment

• chicken_hawk
      VET
      • May 2018

Originally posted by b52
      Are you going to do anything for functional training? Astro turf? Tire pull/push etc. That stuff is in right now and it's pretty hardcore. Would attract a lot of athletes.
      no, I don't have the money and honestly IMHO the space it requires will not pay out in my situation. We had the discussion, but we thought about strongmen for instance, they will still likely train here as we will be unique, but they will have to flip tires wherever they do now as they are such a minority. Another 100 SF for 10 more members who I'll probably get anyway unless you like 24hr or planet fitness just wasn't in the budget.

Originally posted by b52
      Use every door direct mail for flyers and put a couple free passes on each one to get people in the door. Service usps provides. Pick your towns and they make and send your flyer to every address.

Offer real personal training to get people results and hold them accountable to their goals. Seeing results gets attention from others and will bring more people. And a hardcore atmosphere will bring you the ones who are serious about it. I just got certified just to have it on my personal gym wall to pick up some extra winter cash with something I'm passionate about.
      Awesome stuff brother, but dam I can't find a good pt who is worth a shit who doesn't have their own gig. And I won't have some pimple faced boy just getting his feet wet. But if you know someone willing to move to KC their will be great potential. $800 a month rent and they keep the rest at $50/hr the sky is the limit.

Hawk

Comment

• Big B
        Banned
        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by kinetix
        I have seen this many times! The are fantastic for the gym floors.

Maybe have a section for the hardcore gyms with chalk and chains. Like a corner or a side of a wall space. for the power lifters, keep some of the old school feel to the gym.

A warm up area/ ab area to stretch out do do some finishing sets of abs
        I like private area for chalk use. Keep chalk off other machines and equipments. Pain in azz to clean. Very clever...

Comment

• chicken_hawk
          VET
          • May 2018

Originally posted by 01dragonslayer
          Foot apparel most be worn at all times.
          Yeah, I will add that one to the list for sure.

Hawk

Comment

• chicken_hawk
            VET
            • May 2018

Originally posted by kinetix
            I have seen this many times! The are fantastic for the gym floors.

Maybe have a section for the hardcore gyms with chalk and chains. Like a corner or a side of a wall space. for the power lifters, keep some of the old school feel to the gym.

A warm up area/ ab area to stretch out do do some finishing sets of abs
            I am not sure of the exact layout yet, but it will have exactly what you said, a old school pling area with mats and then carpet under the machines.

Hawk

Comment

• Roughrydr
              • Oct 2017

No nips? I love exposed nips on women.
              OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• chicken_hawk
                VET
                • May 2018

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                No nips? I love exposed nips on women.
                Ha ha...that's for the dudes lol

Hawk

Comment

• Magnesium
                  Vet
                  • Dec 2009

No creeping on the women.

Use collars on the bar.

Load and unload weights evenly.

No running or horsing around as bumping into someone's weights or body while lifting is dangerous.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                    • Oct 2017

I'm from the south. So maybe this isnt a problem up north, but no spit cups lying around. And no spitting in the garbage cans. Guys dipping and chewing lay their nasty shit everywhere or they spit in the garbage can. Employees shouldn't have to deal with that.

A question too. How do you not creep on the women when they are creeping all overvyou?
                    OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Friggemall

I think you should record the Asian chick for us to make a proper decision

On what rough said, just ban tobacco products from the gym. Chewing in the gym shouldn't happen, and I am a former Copenhagen addict, had it in my lip constantly EXCEPT the gym and sex...lol

Comment

• Roughrydr
                        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Friggemall
                        I think you should record the Asian chick for us to make the decision
                        I concur whole heartedly.
                        OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• chicken_hawk
                          VET
                          • May 2018

Originally posted by Magnesium
                          No creeping on the women.

Use collars on the bar.

Load and unload weights evenly.

No running or horsing around as bumping into someone's weights or body while lifting is dangerous.

Great suggestions, never thought about the collar issue, but it happens.

Thanks
                          Hawk

Comment

• chicken_hawk
                            VET
                            • May 2018

Originally posted by Friggemall
                            I think you should record the Asian chick for us to make a proper decision

On what rough said, just ban tobacco products from the gym. Chewing in the gym shouldn't happen, and I am a former Copenhagen addict, had it in my lip constantly EXCEPT the gym and sex...lol
                            I'll see what I can do, but won't that make me a creeper LOL

Hawk

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                              I'm from the south. So maybe this isnt a problem up north, but no spit cups lying around. And no spitting in the garbage cans. Guys dipping and chewing lay their nasty shit everywhere or they spit in the garbage can. Employees shouldn't have to deal with that.
                              I dipped Copenhagen for 30 years. Crazy friggin' thing is I ONLY did it at work - that used to trip my friends out haha. I still dip sometimes, but usually only at night while chillin' on the PC. I NEVER could figure how a guy can dip while lifting. Perhaps a powerlifter doing low rep sets, but I can't even fathom doing a higher rep set of 15+ reps going to the limit with a dip in my mouth. Hell it raises your BP for one, and while doing an intense set, BP is already thru thru the roof!

Comment

• Roughrydr
                                • Oct 2017

I see guys all the time with dip. Some of my gym buds, guys I converse with regularly. I dont see how they do it. It seems all that juice flowing in the mouth you'd choke or something when you're digging deep.
                                OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

Working...