Brad Castleberry at Golds, Venice

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Brad Castleberry at Golds, Venice

So don't know how many of you know him or what he's famous for. He's known & hated by many for allegedly using fake plates & being cocky AF. Some of his alleged lifts inlcude 675 x 2 raw bench, 900 raw squat, 405 curls, etc. While disliked by many, he still has a huge following on YT, IG, etc.

So here he is flat db benching 200lb db's for a legit 3 - as in no help, full ROM. Then next set with a spotter, who has his hands on Brads elbows the whole time, he gets 9. Then he does inclines with them. Again, spotter hands on elbows. He gets a couple big names to spot him - Simeon Panda, and more notably Scot Mendelson himself. While doing this doesn't even come close to translating to a 675 x 2 bench, it's friggin' DAMN strong in my book. I only wish he would attempt to replicate those BIG lifts in the presence of others who are legit to prove himself once and for all.

• Big B
    Banned
    • Jan 2016

Seen the name but don't think I know anything of him. How old is this kid? He looks good overall. He's full of himself. Wished these guys would be better examples of bodybuilding and not make childish game out of it. Again, strong kid. Back and shoulders are incredible. I'll keep eye on him...
    Last edited by Big B; 08-26-2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• chicken_hawk
      VET
      • May 2018

The exact reason I stay off YouTube. It makes you think everyone but you benches 600 and walks around a ripped 280. I always try to encourage guys by asking how many 500lb benchers do you know well enough to call a friend? Most say none, I know two who have but those days are past for them. But turn on YouTube and it's full of these guys. I know I'm ranting off topic, but I still like to compete and vids like this bruise my fragile ego apparently. LOL

Hawk

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by chicken_hawk
        The exact reason I stay off YouTube. It makes you think everyone but you benches 600 and walks around a ripped 280. I always try to encourage guys by asking how many 500lb benchers do you know well enough to call a friend? Most say none, I know two who have but those days are past for them. But turn on YouTube and it's full of these guys. I know I'm ranting off topic, but I still like to compete and vids like this bruise my fragile ego apparently. LOL

Hawk
        Well this guy is either the biggest poser around, or an anomaly. He proved he is strong doing the 200's, but doesn't prove a raw 675 bench and 900 squat.

Big B - Yeah he is definitely built. He's 33. He does lot of crazy feats on his YT page also - like standing jump on to boxes that are 6 feet high which is crazy. Surprised you haven't heard of him though since he has been called out by some big names for using fake plates the past 3+ years. Check out his YT page & his gym lifts and you will see why. Forgot to mention - he's another one who also claims natty.

Comment

• Big B
          Banned
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
          Well this guy is either the biggest poser around, or an anomaly. He proved he is strong doing the 200's, but doesn't prove a raw 675 bench and 900 squat.

Big B - Yeah he is definitely built. He's 33. He does lot of crazy feats on his YT page also - like standing jump on to boxes that are 6 feet high which is crazy. Surprised you haven't heard of him though since he has been called out by some big names for using fake plates the past 3+ years. Check out his YT page & his gym lifts and you will see why. Forgot to mention - he's another one who also claims natty.
          Geez, I was thinking he was somewhat young like Wheels. He's def immature. Yeah, looks good and is strong. Natty? What Curry said a few years back as well. Guess we are all Natty if the definition is no implants...

Comment

• Big B
            Banned
            • Jan 2016

Wait, what??? 405 curls???

Comment

• DRveejay11
              • Jul 2013

Dayummmm!

Comment

• preist943
                VET
                • Apr 2018

ive seen him for years complete idiot if he died tomorrow id piss on his grave liar sack of shit idiot

Comment

• b52
                  • Oct 2006

He does look good, and he is strong, but nowhere near what he claims. That being said, he's a douchebag if you ask me. Just a straight up fool. Yells and screams in the camera like he's king shit. He's just so in love with himself. Cocky prick. But at the same time it gets him attention and fame and they say even bad publicity is good publicity.

Comment

• b52
                    • Oct 2006

And in this vid he seems a little more down to earth. Makes you wonder if the douchiness is just all for attention.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by b52
                      And in this vid he seems a little more down to earth. Makes you wonder if the douchiness is just all for attention.
                      I think that's bcoz he is training in Golds Venice in that vid - where alot of big, strong guys train. He does all that screaming and pulling his shirt off and shorts down at his regular gym. I agree - total dick, but it's got him a ton of subs = $$$.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
                        • Apr 2006

Brad is a very strong kid, but is god-aweful on promoting himself. He has had top guys give him advice on how to go about his career, and he ends up going his own way and looking like a tool. Everything I've read is that he is a very nice kid, but he is not the brightest tool inn the shed. He is a physical anomaly, and he's kind of ruined it. He had Dante Trudel trying to help guide him, and he didn't listen to a lot of the advice. Dante has written about him a lot in the past, way before these videos.

Comment

Working...