X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wallyd
    VET
    • Aug 2015

Child support

Since 2010, when my ex couldn’t keep her knees together, I’ve been paying child support. The total amount I’ve paid is over $82320. Out of that amount I bet my daughter hasn’t seen a quarter of that money.

Fast forward to the present, I meet all the criteria to terminate child support. Of course I will still help my daughter & now I know the money will go to her. I’ve already had one hearing to terminate it & tonight I find out I have to have another hearing to get reimbursed for what I overpaid.

I started this process in October, I had to wait until then per the court system. On April 8 I got in terminated after who knows how many phone calls between DFS & the circuit clerks office.

Heres my question, why is it SO easy for a women to get child support & such a bitch to stop it? The court system where I live definitely favors the woman.
  • Bigpapapumpaf
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Absolutely no disrespect but its because too many men (dads) are dead beats and refuse to pya for their own kids. I have raised 4 step kids that had dad's that never paid a dime to support or care for them.

BPP

Comment

• wallyd
      VET
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Bigpapapumpaf
      Absolutely no disrespect but its because too many men (dads) are dead beats and refuse to pya for their own kids. I have raised 4 step kids that had dad's that never paid a dime to support or care for them.

BPP
      All good & I understand your point. In my situation she went after me because she knew I would pay. She chose not to go after the bastard child’s daddy because she knew he wouldn’t pay. I’m not sure how deadbeats get bye with it. If I didn’t pay I would be in jail.

Comment

• Roughrydr
        • Oct 2017

So you had to pay child support for someone else's kid? You are a great man. I'm not sure I'd have been so nice. Apparently you look at her as your own. To your question, anything involving the court systems takes forever. The government would never survive as a business in the real world.
        OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• inhibitor
          VET
          • Dec 2018

As mentioned above, the government is a business and I learned that early in my case. My ex and I did a dissolution when my son was 1 years old. We agreed on everything without issue we just came to the conclusion that we aren't good together. She didn't want anything, to include child support as she knew I would take care of my part. Took the papers to the magistrate for review, she seen where my ex-wife wasn't asking for child support and kicked the papers right back. This is split parenting 50/50 mind you. So, I wrote a memorandum explaining I will have my son 3 and a half days out of the week and will be providing everything for him the days I have him. I asked to have the child support lowered to less than half. She accepted the paperwork. Went to court, the Judge sees I am paying less than half and asks my ex-wife, are you sure you are agreeing to this? She said, she didn't want ANY child support at all. He said, oh no, he's definitely paying. Then says, that if she wants to up it to the full amount at any time she can. So, after that the money goes to an account that she put in my name, and I get the money back a few days after payment minus the money the Child Support Agency takes out and gets. Thats how fucked the system is, like said above, it's the POS dads that make is bad for all the good dads out there. She even recently tried to get the payments to stop and all they did was spin here between the child support agency and the courts each saying they don't do that you need to go to the other place. The whole system needs revamped. Men need equal rights when it comes to their kids.

Comment

• MindlessWork
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by inhibitor
            As mentioned above, the government is a business and I learned that early in my case. My ex and I did a dissolution when my son was 1 years old. We agreed on everything without issue we just came to the conclusion that we aren't good together. She didn't want anything, to include child support as she knew I would take care of my part. Took the papers to the magistrate for review, she seen where my ex-wife wasn't asking for child support and kicked the papers right back. This is split parenting 50/50 mind you. So, I wrote a memorandum explaining I will have my son 3 and a half days out of the week and will be providing everything for him the days I have him. I asked to have the child support lowered to less than half. She accepted the paperwork. Went to court, the Judge sees I am paying less than half and asks my ex-wife, are you sure you are agreeing to this? She said, she didn't want ANY child support at all. He said, oh no, he's definitely paying. Then says, that if she wants to up it to the full amount at any time she can. So, after that the money goes to an account that she put in my name, and I get the money back a few days after payment minus the money the Child Support Agency takes out and gets. Thats how fucked the system is, like said above, it's the POS dads that make is bad for all the good dads out there. She even recently tried to get the payments to stop and all they did was spin here between the child support agency and the courts each saying they don't do that you need to go to the other place. The whole system needs revamped. Men need equal rights when it comes to their kids.
            It sucks when you do the right thing you get fucked over by the court. The deck is stacked against the males and it sure is time to change that no doubt as women hold all the cards in the divorce game and it's sickening.
            “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• 1bigun11
              • May 2022

Inter-meddlers with an agenda permeate every aspect of the government now. Our entire system has become based on the principle that we are all too stupid to manage our own affairs without elitist do-gooders jumping in to fuck everything up. Like Ronald Reagan said, “The scariest words a person can hear is ‘I’m from the government, and I’m here to help’”

Comment

• wallyd
                VET
                • Aug 2015

That is absolutely crazy!

Comment

• jrod
                  • Jun 2010

That is some shit!! Damn bro.

My son is not my biological but I married his mom and we are a family. My wife did not want to stay with his biological father and decided to punish her by leaving the country and not talking to either one of them nor contribute financially.
                  I just can’t understand not having the slightest bit of decency to help YOUR child.

Comment

• wallyd
                    VET
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by jrod
                    That is some shit!! Damn bro.

My son is not my biological but I married his mom and we are a family. My wife did not want to stay with his biological father and decided to punish her by leaving the country and not talking to either one of them nor contribute financially.
                    I just can’t understand not having the slightest bit of decency to help YOUR child.
                    I can’t imagine that either.

Comment

• Guru
                      • Dec 2023

I have a year and a half left for child support. I've been paying since my kid was 3 months old. After we had the baby, I got orders to leave Fort Bliss, and she said she wasn't going. A couple months later, I found out she was cheating on me with an LT. I was a PFC at the time. I filed for divorce and put myself on child support. I hope I don't have to go through this when it's time to terminate. It sucks cause, in my state, they say the best interest of the child. That only means the child goes with the mom unless the most drastic circumstances exist.

Comment

• wallyd
                        VET
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Guru
                        I have a year and a half left for child support. I've been paying since my kid was 3 months old. After we had the baby, I got orders to leave Fort Bliss, and she said she wasn't going. A couple months later, I found out she was cheating on me with an LT. I was a PFC at the time. I filed for divorce and put myself on child support. I hope I don't have to go through this when it's time to terminate. It sucks cause, in my state, they say the best interest of the child. That only means the child goes with the mom unless the most drastic circumstances exist.
                        Start researching now what all is involved in terminating it. Get all your ducks in a row & be ready to go. My hesitation in getting things figured out cost me an extra $500 because of the date I actually filed.

Comment

• inhibitor
                          VET
                          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Guru
                          I agree with Wallyd's comment about researching. I don't know the ins and outs myself, but I do know in my state, if the child goes to college, you could still be paying. To me, that's insane. Support should be immediately dropped once the child graduates High School and is 18 years of age. Now if you want to voluntarily help him out when he enters college then it should be your decision to do so, not still have to pay the mother.

Comment

• wallyd
                            VET
                            • Aug 2015

I agree with Wallyd's comment about researching. I don't know the ins and outs myself, but I do know in my state, if the child goes to college, you could still be paying. To me, that's insane. Support should be immediately dropped once the child graduates High School and is 18 years of age. Now if you want to voluntarily help him out when he enters college then it should be your decision to do so, not still have to pay the mother.
                            In my state the child has to meet certain criteria. If they work they have to work a certain number of hours & also take a certain number of credit hours. If they dont work at all they must maintain a different number of credit hours. These are just examples, there’s other circumstances that play into it. I believe at 21 yo child support can be terminated just based on age.

Comment

• juggaknott2011
                              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by wallyd
                              Since 2010, when my ex couldn’t keep her knees together, I’ve been paying child support. The total amount I’ve paid is over $82320. Out of that amount I bet my daughter hasn’t seen a quarter of that money.

Fast forward to the present, I meet all the criteria to terminate child support. Of course I will still help my daughter & now I know the money will go to her. I’ve already had one hearing to terminate it & tonight I find out I have to have another hearing to get reimbursed for what I overpaid.

I started this process in October, I had to wait until then per the court system. On April 8 I got in terminated after who knows how many phone calls between DFS & the circuit clerks office.

Here's my question, why is it SO easy for a women to get child support & such a bitch to stop it? The court system where I live definitely favors the woman.

Bro the system needs a complete makeover ! There are a lot of deadbeat men out there but also a lot of dead beat women as well . I could go in on this subject for pages lol but all i can say is alot needs to change . ALOT !!!!!!!!

"We lift each other up ! We are a force alone but as a family we're unstoppable ! We build muscles and memories "

Juggaknott2011

Comment

Working...