X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ESTROGEN GUY
    VET
    • Aug 2018

FIRE STICK MAX HELP

Anyone other than youtube know anythig about this stick. Good, bad, ugly, postive and negative? Not sure we will use it much but beats paying 300-400 in cable each much at the home and summer home.
    http://road2hardcoreiron.net/

https://www.myscfuel.com/

EG
  • BigTex
    VET
    • Aug 2023

We go to a Firestick maybe 10 years ago and completely cut the cable. Now I have two Amazon FireTV's that work even better. We also have an antenna connected and get around 100 local channels. Here is a video on how to Jailbreak you firestick so you can use 3rd party apps. Using these 3rd party apps you will need a VPN. A good one to look for is Ocean Streams. Lots of movies, TV shows and live tx streaming.

Comment

• Paramuscle
      • Mar 2018

I use a vpn and download all my shit via torrent. This way I don't end up watching the Haji's movies we used to buy. I don't know much about the sticks brother.

~PM

Comment

• ESTROGEN GUY
        VET
        • Aug 2018

Originally posted by BigTex
        We go to a Firestick maybe 10 years ago and completely cut the cable. Now I have two Amazon FireTV's that work even better. We also have an antenna connected and get around 100 local channels. Here is a video on how to Jailbreak you firestick so you can use 3rd party apps. Using these 3rd party apps you will need a VPN. A good one to look for is Ocean Streams. Lots of movies, TV shows and live tx streaming.

https://youtu.be/iylqXEo3uxA?si=yEvL1hgqfseax46l
        Cool. Thank you. Someone in my group said. For us to send the Fire Stick back and he knows some who will send the Fire stick with all channels enabled. Does this sound right, mates?

EG

Comment

• BigTex
          VET
          • Aug 2023

Most likely they are selling Firesticks that are already Jailbreaked. I would imagine you will still have to find 3 party apps you want. There are quite a few of them available. Most all of them have movies, TV series and a few include like TV channels. Like Paramuscle said, they are all torrents so you definitely need a VPN I use Express VPN.

Comment

• Roughrydr
            • Oct 2017

I got one when they first came out. I didn't like it because it buffered all the time. Some of the movies looked like they were made on a cell phone recording in a movie theater. But that's been probably 6 or 7 years ago. But I'm with you EG. My cable bill is $327 a month and I don't even watch thst much TV. But I do love my mma and a few shows. I'm looking for some way to stream live TV like the Spectrum app on my phone. But my TV isn't a smart TV. It's a 19 year old plasma screen with a beautiful picture. I do have a Roku but never use it. But I hate paying that 327 every month. I'd love something cheaper but equal in service.
            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• ESTROGEN GUY
              VET
              • Aug 2018

Originally posted by Roughrydr
              I got one when they first came out. I didn't like it because it buffered all the time. Some of the movies looked like they were made on a cell phone recording in a movie theater. But that's been probably 6 or 7 years ago. But I'm with you EG. My cable bill is $327 a month and I don't even watch thst much TV. But I do love my mma and a few shows. I'm looking for some way to stream live TV like the Spectrum app on my phone. But my TV isn't a smart TV. It's a 19 year old plasma screen with a beautiful picture. I do have a Roku but never use it. But I hate paying that 327 every month. I'd love something cheaper but equal in service.
              Yes way too much!!!

Thank You.

EG

Comment

• jrod
                • Jun 2010

Oof. $327 for cable?!

I have my friends DirecTV stream login and get 3 streams.
                You could use a friends login info and pay them $30-$40 and have all the “cable” channels and local channels. You can stream it on any smart device as it’s simply an app.

Comment

• jrod
                  • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Paramuscle
                  I use a vpn and download all my shit via torrent. This way I don't end up watching the Haji's movies we used to buy. I don't know much about the sticks brother.

~PM
                  How much do you pay for your VPN? Does it help with your streaming?

Years ago I used a firestick with Kodi on it and had so much buffering that I stopped using it.

Comment

• Paramuscle
                    • Mar 2018

I can't remember what my vpn is as it is a yearly subscription. I honestly don't remember. I don't run my vpn all the time because to me, it seems like it slows me down a bit but I use it when I shop and sometimes when I am here but definitely any time I do something that could be considered, legally ambiguous. I tried the firestick thing years ago and maybe it has improved since then but at that time it was a mess. You couldn't tell which movies were decent and which one were Haj copies and it was just a mess. I started running my vpn and using torrent services that allow me to see all the data before I click including screen shots showing the quality as well as reviews from others so I get a feel for how it is before I click it. Its just what I do.

~PM

Comment

• ESTROGEN GUY
                      VET
                      • Aug 2018

Thanks.

EG

Comment

• BigTex
                        VET
                        • Aug 2023

This should help with your MMA. Just make sure you use a fast VPN. We cut our cable and dish maybe 10 years ago and I have no problem finding TV to watch. We also got a nice antenna that picks up over 100 HD channels.

Watch Live Sports Streaming Free, Daily Schedule Online TV Channels, Boxing & MMA, UFC, MBA, MLB, NHL, NFL, Soccer, 24/7 updated live stream, Enjoy Football Schedule.

Comment

• BigTex
                          VET
                          • Aug 2023

Here are some good inexpensive home HD antennas

Comment

• Roughrydr
                            • Oct 2017

Thanks Tex
                            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment