Squat question...............

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OLYMPIAN

Originally posted by Ms.Wetback
    On a good day I can hit 245# for 2-3 reps.
    that's cute!!!!

Comment

• Ms.Wetback

Originally posted by OLYMPIAN
      that's cute!!!!
      Wise ass ..........

Comment

• blk99xtreme

i go parallel,sometimes if i want a good stretch i go ass to grass, feels good to explode up from the ground!

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

when you do bicep curls do you stop 1/2 way or parallel? Muscles need to be stretch all the way and contracted in order to recruit as many fibers as possible..if you dont youre cheating yourselves some gains

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

when you do bicep curls do you stop 1/2 way or parallel? Muscles need to be stretch all the way and contracted in order to recruit as many fibers as possible..if you dont youre cheating yourselves some gains
            That's true with biceps but with squats at a certain point the exercise switches from from being a quad exercise to a glute exercise. If you go ass to heels you better have powerful glutes at the bottom of the movement.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• jaeger09
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by OKMEDIC
              Don't change your ass. It looks awesome as it is. Doubt it could get much better.
              ahahaha!! ya beat me to it!

Comment

• Ms.Wetback

Originally posted by liftsiron
                That's true with biceps but with squats at a certain point the exercise switches from from being a quad exercise to a glute exercise. If you go ass to heels you better have powerful glutes at the bottom of the movement.
                Ahhhh good to know. So the lower you go the more it incorporates all glutes and then hits the quads on the way up ??

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

Gluteus maximus gets involved since Squats are a compound movement (and if your form sucks) but quads and hammies do most of the work for sure (especially when hitting front squats) Bottom line is you dont go deep dont expect to have big ,well developed wheels......again whether is quads, biceps ,back ,chest or whatever.... , in my book the rule applies to all , full stretch and contraction, thats how a rep is done but to each their own.

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

Originally posted by Ms.Wetback
                    Ahhhh good to know. So the lower you go the more it incorporates all glutes and then hits the quads on the way up ??

u drunk??

Comment

• Ms.Wetback

u drunk??
                      After reading that LOL, yes I must have been.

What I intended to say was: If I dont go ass to the ground, I am incorporating quads more-so than glutes ???

Comment

• need2lift
                        • Oct 2007

I guess I need to quit going ATG, since my wife told me last night that my ass was getting too big. I guess it'll be front squats from now on.

Comment

• goin4275
                          VET
                          • Jan 2007

so what kind of flexibility do you guys have that go atg?... was it something you had to work on to be able to go that far down with heavy weight
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He82NBjJqf8

Comment

• 5plates
                            Vet
                            • Aug 2007

Parallel squats are what most bodybuilders do, going lower tends to build a large disproportionate ass for some people.
                            yup!

Comment

• Sadie

here is what happens with my leg split.. the first pic is sept 9th the 2nd was yesterday

i suddenly have a sweep and 2 inch gain on my quads in 2 months.. they are REALLY responding

Comment

• Ms.Wetback

Originally posted by Sadie
                                here is what happens with my leg split.. the first pic is sept 9th the 2nd was yesterday

i suddenly have a sweep and 2 inch gain on my quads in 2 months.. they are REALLY responding
                                Nice job...........

Comment

Working...