• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd

fSuperset 50 and 51, February 2, 2013
    SS #1 flat-bench DBell curl with flat bench DBell press 10x10
    (7 sets with 40's and 3 with 35's)

SS #2 flat-bench flyes with lat pulldowns to the front
    10x10, (40's for 7, 35's for 3, 150 LP's for 7 and 135 for 3)

Had to cheat with the last 3-5 sets of curls in every set, tough angle curling from the floor while laying on a flat bench.
    Felt good!

It's Sunday night and I'm already sore as hell. Nice!

Comment

• mrhtbd

Superset 52, Day 48, February 4, 2013
      SS leg press with leg curls 10x10
      Felt like crap today, went light a got in/got out but still tweaked my back.
      Should've gone for the extra chow instead!

Comment

• mrhtbd

[B]Superset 53, 54, 55, 56, and 57, Day 49, February 5, 2013[B]
        SS #1 Seated collar-to-collar behind neck smith machine press with behind neck lat pulldowns 10x10
        SS #2 (using the top pulley) cable front cross-overs with rear laterals, RH 10x10 (40)
        SS #3 (using the top pulley) cable front cross-overs with rear laterals, LH 10x10 (40)
        SS #4 (using the bottom pulley) cable cross-front raises with rear laterals 10x10 (80)
        SS #5 (using the bottom pulley) cable cross-front raises with rear laterals 10x10 (80)

My shoulders are getting big and separated.
        Didn't realize how much a muscle can require to finally see some tangible results.
        Heavy presses gave me mass years ago, but I always lacked the separation between the different muscles, that I so desired.
        All these volume sets may sound stupid to some but my shoulder is rehabbing (well, still torn but usable) and theya re growing.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Supersets 58 and 59, Day 52, February 8, 2013
          Took a few days off with my change in schedule and such.
          Really felt weak in the gym today. It sucks, but I drove on anyway as I always feel better when I leave than when I get there.
          SS #58 Incline bench (115) with bent row (115) 10x10
          I know the weights are pathetic but give me time.

Still rehabbing several upper-body injuries and am working towards completion and conditioning, not injury!

SS #59 Hammer strength chest press (115) with front lat pull-downs (115) 10x10

Yeah, pathetic weights but A+ on consistency and that's half the battle. Get that bird and the strength will come.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Superset #60, Day 54, February 10, 2013

Felt like crap today, but went in anyway.
            That's the point isn't it?
            To do or do? That's why the bar is low, to go the distance.
            When I was a trainer I saw people coming in all the time with expectations so highthey would never achieve them.
            Most were unable to make the steps necessary to get to the position to make a difference in their physique.
            I understood I wasn't in the best frame of reference to go hog wild or hard-core. So far I am doing well.
            Can't believe what shape I'm in. Never fail tog et a great pump no matter how easy, and it's fun.

Anyway:
            Superset # 60, leg press (4 plates, went to 6 for 3 sets but wasn't feeling it and didn't want an injury) with leg curls (60)

Yeah, got through it. Other things on my mind. Gotta clear some cobwebs, but for now, with 60 done at day 54, I'm only one down to finish 100 by March 20th. I'll get there for sure!

Comment

• mrhtbd

Superset #'s 61 and 62, Day 55, February 11, 2013

Shoulders, shoulders, shoulders, over the top for sure!
              SS #1 Seated behind neck smith presses collar-to-collar, (95), with behind neck wide-grip pull-downs (100) (10x10)
              (I know you guys told me not to do these but I love them and do them in a very strict manner. I can now pull the weight all the way down past my shoulders so the strength at the bottom is definately increasing).

SS #2 cable cross-overs from cross-chest to behind rear delts, with cable front raises palms up (10x10) Note to self, tweaked your ankle trying to maintain the support position to do these front underhanded shoulder raises, either change the exercise or train the ankle!

I couldn't believe the difference between even last month and now. Really on my way with this. Injuries still present but with the volume supersets, the ocnditioning effect is great and not too much to antagonize any of them, which is also great!

Comment

• mrhtbd

"Superset 64," I like the sound of that!

Superset 63 and 64, Day 56, February 12, 2013
                SS #1 incline D-bell curls with incline D-bell presses, 35lbs, 10x10
                SS #2 Incline flyes with overhead pulley rope pullbacks, (35), 10x10
                400 reps total

I looked like this after this workout!
                Attached Files

Comment

• mrhtbd

Brutal combo

Superset 65, Day 57, February 13, 2013

Brutal supersets today.
                  Heaving for air during the whole routine

SS lunges (Step forward and kick back, 95) with straight-leg deadleft (off a box, 95) 10x10

Wow, after yesterday, tomorrow I will be hurting!

Comment

• DrMoney23
                    Vet
                    • Jan 2013

Nice traps

Comment

• mrhtbd

Supersets 66 and 67, Day 58, February 14, 2013

Very sore from the past few days. That's a good sign.
                      My training intensity has gone up and come down according to my energy levels, so far my system has been working well.

SS #1 seated, behind neck press on incline Smith machine (with incline going back, 115) with close grip underhanded lat pulldowns (135) 10x10 (added 20 on the presses and 15 on the pulldowns).

SS #2 (using an easy-curl bar) B-bell curl (65) with french presses (65) 10x10 (did 4 sets non-stop, then a break, then repeat to finish) Very tough workout! Things are popping!

Comment

• mrhtbd

Superset 68, Day 61, February 17, 2013
                        Took two days off, had to eat and rest.

SS lunges (105) 10x10 (both legs) with leg curls (70) 10x10
                        Added 10lbs to the lunges, feeling better, legs are coming around!

Comment

• mrhtbd

Supersets 69 and 70, Day 63, February 20, 2013
                          SS #1 flat bench Dbell curl with flat bench press 10x10 (5x40's, 5x30's)
                          SS #2 flat bench fly (5x40's, 5x30's) with T-Bar row (135) 10x10

This is a big upper body pump for me.
                          I used to do these with 25's but now can do 5x10 with 40's.
                          By the time I get up to 60's I will be a beast!
                          Hopefully by May.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by mrhtbd
                            Supersets 69 and 70, Day 63, February 20, 2013
                            SS #1 flat bench Dbell curl with flat bench press 10x10 (5x40's, 5x30's)
                            SS #2 flat bench fly (5x40's, 5x30's) with T-Bar row (135) 10x10

This is a big upper body pump for me.
                            I used to do these with 25's but now can do 5x10 with 40's.
                            By the time I get up to 60's I will be a beast!
                            Hopefully by May.
                            It would make more sense to use 2 different sets of db's for flat bench dbell curl and bench press since one can press much more than curl, ie, 5x70's/5x40's & 5x60's/5x30's. Seems your bi's are getting taxed and not the chest. Also, why use the same weight on flyes as presses - if you can do that, then those presses must be awful damn easy. Lastly, why would you work bi's before back - thats a universal no-no, unless ones back is sooo good, they don't give a rats ass about it developing more. Just sayin'.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Actually, I do a curl, press, then fly, before recovering, that's one rep. I do 10 of those compound movements, then I do 10 reps of T-bar rows.

I have injuries to both shoulders and my right arm. At this point in my training, I am still conditioning.

I will add that 2 months ago I could only do 10x10 of these combo movements with 25 lb Dbells.

My life is kind-of messed up right now. I'm lucky just to get through the supersets like I planned, but I will make it, and if I do, I'll be in much better conditioning than otherwise for sure. Just want to make some progress during this difficult time.

Comment

• Bad juju

good log. glad to see your doing some rest days in between as it can lead to injury or overtraining. keep it going!!

Comment

Working...