My pit/mastiff is a dog is a killer (warning graphic)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jumperz
    Vet
    • Sep 2011

I guess your decision is made man. That sucks hey.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by BigSickD
      I have decided not to tell cause it will just cause too many problems.
      I agree.

Comment

• Freezerdude

Right choice I wouldn't have said a word!

Comment

• P. Bateman
          Vet
          • Mar 2009

Can you say supper.
          “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”

Comment

• dalnkwnt
            Vet
            • Oct 2011

ughhhh what a horrible situation! I would want to tell but then again I wouldn't wanna get in the war with the neighbors or risk losing my dog. I love all animals and this would really bother me if I walked up on it! sorry you had to go thru this bro!
            MOD@massmonsterz.com

MOD@TheFitnessboard.com

Comment

• John Benz
              Vet
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Darkness
              But I dont want dogs around that behave like that personally. What happens when a little kid wanders in there?
              Agree 100% with this. I'm very good friends with my neighbor across the street. Last June his pitbull got out of the fenced in yard and chased the neighbor next door and his 10 year old daughter up on the porch growling and snapping. Mark went in and got his .45 out and was ready to shoot the dog. I talked him out of it and calmy walked over to the pit with my hand extended in a friendly gesture, and he ran up to me growled and bit my leg tearing my jeans. About that time a sherrif arrived and used a stun gun to force him back into the yard.

I hate those damn pitbulls...seen way more bad ones than good ones. Too many nice breeds to choose from and lots of large breeds make effective guard dogs without the extreme temperament problems of a pit.
              Last edited by John Benz; 03-22-2013, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• dalnkwnt
                Vet
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by John Benz
                Agree 100% with this. I'm very good friends with my neighbor across the street. Last June his pitbull got out of the fenced in yard and chased the neighbor next door and his 10 year old daughter up on the porch growling and snapping. Mark went in and got his .45 out and was ready to shoot the dog. I talked him out of it and calmy walked over to the pit with my hand extended in a friendly gesture, and he ran up to me growled and bit my leg tearing my jeans. About that time a sherrif arrived and used a stun gun to force him back into the yard.

I hate those damn pitbulls...seen way more bad ones than good ones. Too many nice breeds to choose from and lots of large breeds make effective guard dogs without the extreme temperament problems of a pit.
                weird you say that because I personally have never met a mean Pit....ever! ive seen them on TV and completely understand the concern but ive only been bit by the lil taco bell dog and Lassie! they seem to be extremely aggressive but I guess because of their size and structure they don't get a bad rap which isn't fair to a larger stronger dog with the same temperament!

most dogs bite because they are nervous not vicious! ive heard this from many trainers (civilian and military trainers) dogs that are train to be mean and become mean are smart and the same way they were trained to be mean the effort can be put into making them friendly!

im sure alotta people have had bad encounters with Pits but I just haven't!
                MOD@massmonsterz.com

MOD@TheFitnessboard.com

Comment

• John Benz
                  Vet
                  • Jan 2004

The most disappointing thing to me about this thread is that EVERYONE including Hank agreed it was better to do the cowardly thing and keep quiet instead of having the balls to man up and give the neighbor some closure. Yep...you can always come up with a perfectly legitimate reason to do sneaky underhanded shit...people do it every day. Pathetic.

My 14 year old house cat that was never allowed outside snuck out and was killed several years ago by a neighbor's dog. I spent an entire week traveling all over the city checking SPCA, emergency animal clinics and finally the guy's daughter tells me what happened. She was in tears, and said her dad was scared to tell me. I was upset, but relieved to know what happened.

Comment

• Dieviolent

Originally posted by Darkness
                    I dont agree with nighttrain on his whole post, But I agree that I wouldnt tell a soul. But I dont want dogs around that behave like that personally. What happens when a little kid wanders in there?
                    Pits and other bully breads are known to not get along well with other dogs. Not to mention it was in their yard. My boxer would do the same to anything as small as a rabbit be it cat small dog squirrel ect. This in no way reflects the animals personality towards children.

Comment

• IntensityX
                      Vet
                      • Dec 2012

The most disappointing thing to me about this thread is that EVERYONE including Hank agreed it was better to do the cowardly thing and keep quiet instead of having the balls to man up and give the neighbor some closure. Yep...you can always come up with a perfectly legitimate reason to do sneaky underhanded shit...people do it every day. Pathetic.

My 14 year old house cat that was never allowed outside snuck out and was killed several years ago by a neighbor's dog. I spent an entire week traveling all over the city checking SPCA, emergency animal clinics and finally the guy's daughter tells me what happened. She was in tears, and said her dad was scared to tell me. I was upset, but relieved to know what happened.
                      I agree with JB. I think it's the right thing to do to man up and tell them the whole truth.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

BSD didn't elaborate on his neighbors - is it worth closure to risk him going through some type of legal bs if they decide to go that route? Even if he wasn't in the wrong, that doesn't mean they may not try something. Or on a personal level, perhaps they are half-psycho and would like some payback. Hell in this day and age, everyone wants to sue - especially in Cali. I agree you make some good points JB. However, I think the pros vs cons doesn't make it such a one-sided case as you suggest bro.

If the neighbors had the dog for a long time, then I would have said something to them. However, being a puppy, its not like he's part of the family since they haven't even had time to bond like your 14 y.o cat. And we all know puppy's left unwatched can run out into the street so easily and boom - hit by a car.

Comment

• BigSickD
                          Vet
                          • May 2004

Well we ended up talking to the neighbor, the dad at least and he was cool about it and said he isn't gonna tell the family what happened, I guess he is gonna tell them it got hit by a car. The guilt was killing us and now we are relieved we told. I was off work today so I blocked off the gap at the bottom of our gate so this won't happen again.
                          BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
                            • Apr 2006

You are a good man!

Comment

• Freezerdude

Good job dude, I would have wanted to know too especially had it been one of my daughters pups.. My neighbors would have understood but you never know how some people are.. Good that he was cool with it.. Nothing like a clear conscience!!

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Good for you dude - after reading JB's post I've felt guilty as shit also for agreeing with you!

Comment

Working...